Company:Distant Lands Coffee
The Inventory Manager is a hands-on position in all aspects of inventory control. This position should provide overall coordination and direction for the accurate and timely recording of inventory transactions and develop and implement strategies to manage material levels appropriately. Must have a team oriented approach to achieve and maintain excellent inventory accuracy through direct communication with both internal and external customers.
Reporting to this position are: Inventory Control Assistant
Alternate: Plant Manager; FS & QA Mgr for Food Safety & SQF
- Responsible for developing and maintaining inventory controls.
- Work closely with Plant Manager to ensure inventory transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reconcile inventory discrepancies through the production and warehouse teams, with the ability to teach inventory control system concepts to key personnel within the facility.
- Analyze and evaluate inventory issues and recommends solutions.
- Responsible for accurate controls and procedures, and coordinating and reconciling cycle count operations and physical inventories.
- Help develop target inventory levels for raw materials and finished products.
- Work closely with accounting to maintain appropriate inventory levels and control of inventory assets.
- Analyze inventory to identify excess, slow-moving, and obsolete inventory and oversee disposition.
- Lead cross-functional inventory records accuracy team and participate on other project teams as required.
- Report Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as required for Inventory.
- Prepare and maintain policies, procedures, and working instructions for inventory control systems.
- Must be a highly self-motivated individual who possesses strong leadership and communication skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and problem solving ability.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with all levels within our company and establish a solid rapport with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and/or priorities and easily adapt to changing situations in support of a high volume production operation.
- Strong analytical skills
- High proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibility and solid analytical skills.
- Experience in a food related environment Great Plains software is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related discipline or equivalent experience is required.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position and possess the requirements outlined above, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach all documents in PDF or Microsoft Word formats. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.