Company:ITO EN (North America)
We are currently seeking an experienced Logistics Specialist (Domestic Transportation) to be based in our Brooklyn Office. This position requires the exercise of discretion and independent and is responsible but not limited to the domestic transportation related to the Logistics Department
Coordinates Logistics Activities:
- Arranging all transportation relevant to distribution
- Maintaining logistics systems, rules, and regulations for wholesale operations
- Cost reduction strategies in logistics processes;
- Processing and dispatching release orders
- Communicating with multiple warehouses to coordinate transport and delivery of inventory to wholesale accounts and events
- Signing off on all merchandise received
- Receiving and ensuring that all stock is stored properly in order to monitor damage control
- Planning, and implementing effective logistics strategies
- Processing returns from customers as directed & approved by management
Manages Logistics Invoices:
- Manages the company’s logistics invoices and issues vouchers for payment
- Creates accruals for outstanding invoices for the monthly closing process
Manages and Maintains Optimal Inventory levels:
- Ensuring that optimal levels of merchandise, packaging, and supplies are maintained
- Ordering and maintaining inventory and other assets as needed
- Distributing inventory, goods, and any other assets to customers
- Overseeing inventory on a monthly basis or as needed and by reordering stock when necessary
- Reconciling on-hand inventory to system balances for month-end closing
Manage Freight Claims:
- Processes damage & loss claims and submits paperwork and other correspondence to support the claim.
Coordinates Repacking of Club and Custom Packs:
- Monitoring inventory levels against future demand of re-packed products
- Issuing work orders and scheduling the production based on the re-packer’s lead times
- Achieving best price on repacking and packaging components
- Maintaining ITO EN QC standards of re-packed products
- Monitoring and processing rental pallets, reordering when necessary and vouchering payments
Participates in Meeting:
- Serving on the Production Planning Meeting committee and attending other meetings with Senior Management as necessary.
Keeps Management Informed:
- Reporting on all incidents quickly to eliminate problems; and by communicating with Management regularly regarding the needs of the Restaurant and Tea Shop.
Complies with Federal, State, and Local Practices:
- Promoting and maintaining all relevant policies and procedures.
- 2+ years or more of experience in Logistics necessary. Great Plus if experience is in Domestic Transportation and/or Co/Repacking.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or 3-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Knowledge of office policies and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Be flexible and eager to learn new things.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position and possess the requirements outlined above, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please attach all documents in PDF or Microsoft Word formats. Only qualified candidates will be contacted