Back to Recipes
Chilled Matcha Poached Chicken With Pistachio And Green Tomato Relish
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Matchalove culinary matcha
- 1 star anise
- Generous pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 1 ½ pounds
- 4-5 green tomatoes, chopped (3 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted, shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon matcha LOVE® Culinary Matcha
- Salt, to taste
- Generous grinding of fresh black pepper
To prepare the chicken:
- In a medium saucepan stir together the chicken broth, salt, matcha, star anise and red pepper flakes. Set over high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken breasts, bring the liquid back to a simmer, and let the chicken poach for 5 – 7 minutes, until firm. Turn the chicken over once while it is cooking. Turn off heat and let the chicken cool in the poaching liquid.
To prepare the relish:
- In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients for the relish except the salt and pepper. Season well and stir again.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the poaching liquid. Slice and plate them. Top each with tomato relish and serve.