Frozen Matcha Colada
- 1 oz cream of coconut, drained*
- 1 oz high quality dark rum
- 3oz MatchaLove matcha colada
- ¼ cup fresh pineapple, cored, peeled, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, peeled, chopped
- Ice, as needed
- ¼ tsp MatchaLove matcha powder
- Cherries, as needed
- Pineapple wedges, as needed
*Cream of coconut will yield both thick cream and a liquid coconut ‘syrup’. Drain the syrup from the can and only use the coconut cream. If you live in a hot environment where the cream has melted, place can in refrigerator to let the cream solidify and separate from syrup.
- Combine cream of coconut, rum, matcha colada, pineapple chunks and ginger in blender. Puree until smooth. Add ice, 1 cup at a time, until mixture is as frothy and frozen as desired. Pour into serving glass and dust with matcha powder. Garnish with skewer of cherries and pineapple wedges, if desired.