Back to Recipes
Matcha Crusted Halibut
- 1 1/2 lb fresh halibut or cod
- 1 pack of 8-10 oz of buckwheat noodles, cook according to the directions on the package
Dry Ingredients: For the Pistachio Matcha Crust:
- 3/4 cup raw pistachios
- 1 tablespoon matcha LOVE® Culinary Matcha powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Matcha Dashi Ingredients:
- 7-8 cups water
- 4 large stalks of kombu
- 1 teaspoon matcha LOVE® Culinary Matcha powder, whisk in before service, make sure all matcha powder is dissolved
- Coconut oil spray (unrefined)
- Sea salt to taste
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Feel free to add bee pollen or chia seeds to your smoothie, for an extra kick.
- Cook off your soba noodles, strain with cool water and set aside.
For the Matcha Dashi:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add your water and kombu, and lightly simmer for approx. 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Whisk in matcha LOVE® Culinary Matcha powder until all is dissolved right before service.
For the Pistachio Matcha Crust:
- Place all dry ingredients into a food processor, pulse until it resembles a crust, not into a powder. Transfer to a shallow dish,
- Prep your fish, portion out into 4-6 servings, spray with coconut oil & crust the flesh side of the fish with the pistachio crust in a shallow dish. Dust with sea salt.
- Lightly coat a stainless steel sauté pan with coconut oil spray. Place over medium heat. Add in your fish and cook until firm to the touch.
Plate up/To Serve:
- Place one serving of cooked soba noodles into each bowl, ladle with 1-2 ladles of matcha dashi, when fish is all cooked, remove from heat and place on top of the noodles.
Serve hot with a dust of extra matcha or pistachio crust. Enjoy!