Back to Recipes
Quinoa Black Bean Burgers With Matcha Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Matchalove culinary matcha
- 2 tablespoons prepared pico de gallo
- Salt, to taste
Black bean burgers:
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon matcha LOVE® Culinary Matcha
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 burger rolls – grilled, griddled or toasted
- Sliced tomato, optional
- Arugula, optional
To prepare the burgers:
- Put half the beans, all the quinoa, breadcrumbs and tomato puree into the food processor and pulse until mixture holds together, but still has some texture. Transfer to a large bowl and blend in the remaining beans, the cilantro, onion, garlic, cumin, matcha, salt and pepper.
- Form in to 4 patties and set on a plate. Cover and refrigerate while you make the guacamole.
To prepare the guacamole:
- In a medium bowl, blend together all the ingredients for the guacamole. Season to taste, adding more lime juice if desired.
- Grill or griddle the burgers over medium heat until crispy on the outside and hot throughout, about 4 minutes per side.
- Layer roll bottoms with arugula and sliced tomatoes, if desired.
- Set burgers on tomatoes, top with guacamole and serve.