Matcha & Coconut Cream Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 1 cup boxed coconut milk*
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk, divided
- 4 ice cubes
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice**)
- 1 tsp Matcha Love Culinary Matcha
*Boxed coconut milk is different than canned coconut milk. It is thinner, and imparts a creamy taste without as much coconut flavor. Boxed coconut milk can be substituted for other dairy-free nut milks (e.g. Almond, Cashew, etc.). Look for plain and unsweetened varieties. Otherwise, if using a sweetened nut milk, you may wish to reduce the amount of maple syrup. Regular milk works as well.
**Other liquid sweetener options include honey, agave, etc.
- Add frozen bananas, boxed coconut milk, ⅓ cup canned coconut milk, ice cubes, 2 teaspoons maple syrup, and matcha powder to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Mixture will be thick, so pause between blending to stir contents and scrape down sides of blender.
- Taste and add additional maple syrup to sweeten, if desired.
- Divide mixture among two glasses, alternating layers of matcha smoothie with the remaining ⅓ cup canned coconut milk. Stir gently to create a marbled effect (if desired). Enjoy.