Matcha, Pink Grapefruit And Rosemary-Infused Slushy
This recipe makes enough syrup for eight slushies. Use what you need for two, or more, and store the rest in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to one month. You will be able to make a slushy at the drop of a hat!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon matcha LOVE® Culinary Matcha
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 cups crushed ice
- ¼ cup matcha syrup
- 2 rosemary sprigs, to garnish
To make the syrup:
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar, water, matcha and rosemary.
- Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to maintain a slow boil for one minute.
- Let cool completely. Remove the rosemary.
To make the slushies:
- Pour grapefruit juice into the blender. Top with ice and syrup. Blend on high until smooth and slushy.
- Pour into two tall glasses, garnish with fresh rosemary and serve.